Oh my! Who knew that it would be so difficult for a person to talk about themselves…let alone come up with a plan for their year. Oh wait! That’s life. I wish that I could tell you that I had a laid out plan of my intentions for the year. My goals, my reality and so forth, but I hate to break it to you, I got nothing. And it’s already April! Ok, maybe that’s not entirely true- I have bits and pieces; fragments of a reality that I hope will come to fruition and I just have to hope and pray that it aligns with the plans that are already in motion for me, the ones I cannot control.
It’s easy to get swept away in the what ifs.
The possible scenarios that may never happens. So why waste your time on the unknown, when you can focus on what’s right in front of you? You’ll miss it. The moments that passed you by. The unexpected smile. The shared laugh. The moment you didn’t stop. The picture perfect moments that only comes once in a lifetime. Don’t miss it, because you may live to regret it. Take these moments, as they were meant for you.R2- March 28th 2019
The conclusion of 2018 was a duzzy; it was filled with uncertainty, being blindsided by people and by life, but in hindsight, I was allowed the opportunity to refocus; on the important things to me, the future that I hope to achieve in the next few years of my schooling. I have a plan, but a plan that has been created by my procrastinator self at the best of times…so that’s basically no plan at all. If you haven’t realized this from the majority of our blog posts, I’m the introvert out of our duo- hey 👋🏾👋🏾! On the back of R1’s goals for 2019 a few months ago, I fugured it was my turn to step out of the shadows. When I get inspired, I go all in, feet first, writing until my laptop is about to die and when I experience writer’s block, I become the proof-reader. I have fully accepted my role, because I know that everyone has their strong points, and a group can’t function, unless everyone has their designated roles. So I accept mine wholeheartedly.
So while the inspirational flu is in the air, take a seat and read on to hear about my intentions for 2019 💃🏾💃🏾!
R2’s Intentions For 2019
1) Be me.
2) Have faith that it will all work out.
3) Breathe, because it’s better than suffocating in the piles of reality that you cannot change.
4) Stay focused. If you want something, you need to work your hardest to get it. You didn’t come all this way for nothing, so why stop now? You were not a quitter before. So don’t start now.
5) Stay strong. Life is going to throw you curveballs, so be ready to catch them, and throw them right out the window.
6) Let go and move on. They say that the past is already gone and the future is right in front of you for the taking, so why do we dwell on things that are already gone?
7) Take “risks”. I’m not one to completly step out of my comfortzone and try something new. I like routine, to some extent, but I also like the unknown and the possiblities that it may hold. I can’t stay in my little bubble the rest of my life, or else I will never grow. So I vow to step out of that box, one day at a time.
8) Be honest. Sometimes I’m too busy getting myself caught-up in how my honestly may hurt someone else, but I’m not being truthful when I do that. If I can’t be honest with you, how can I be honest with myself? I can be both honest and caring, can I not? So why do I let that stifle who I am, and how you see me?
9) I need to grow. We all do. I need to grow in who I am as a friend, a sister, a daughter and as R2. There is so much more within me that I’ve yet to allow others to see. I need to just; LET. It. OUT. You may want to watch out world, because I may have just awoken after a long awaited sleep.
10) LIVE! How can I live, if I’m stuck in the past, in what I thought was my reality vs what is right in front of me. I have to live my life with intention. Intention to be someone that I know I can be. To be someone that I WANT to be. I’ve got this, it’s now time to prove it, and put my words into action.
I suppose that my goals for 2019 are to be more of myself; become the extrovert that my family knows when we have discussions about life, love, and the past. I want to get over the hiccups of life with my head held high! I can go Pinterest crazy about inspirational quotes that speak to me, but yet I throw a wall up when it comes to pushing myself to actually experience life. I wish that I could come up with some sort of mantra to convince myself with the snap of a finger; “you’ve got this“, but that ain’t me and that’s okay. I know that they say things take time and trust me I’m banking on it. I’m banking on the future being mine for the taking. I’m banking on a curve ball that knocks me off my feet in a good way! I’m banking on that typical; girls goes to coffee shop and bumps into cute guy and the rest is history! So perhaps I need to get myself to the coffee shops more and ditch the drive-through option (just food for thought). What can I say, I’m an optimist. Someone has to be, or else we’d all be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Well, I prefer to stop that shoe, or throw it away, while I try to make a path for me. One that requires strength in numbers, faith in the impossible, the unseen and the achievable, no matter how far away it may look, you can grab it, but you have to try.
How are your goals for 2019? Are you on track with meeting them or have you already given them up as a bad job? Share with us and let us know!